Thursday, March 29, 2007

Soularium - Students coming to Christ

I've been out of the loop (or at least the blogshpere) for the last week. Its been an intense week, including a working group re-imagining campus ministry in light of emerging trends and realities. This is a working group that really is working - in more than one meaning of the word. This is a second 48 hour session together, separated by about 8 weeks of experimenting and learning. I've got to let it ruminate a little more before I begin sharing some the emergent ideas. But stay tuned... they should be coming soon.

In the meantime, more encouraging Soularium feedback from some Spring tests & early usage:
"I have to say that you guys have done a really great job and I'm proud of you. It is one of the most professional looking tools I've ever seen come out of CCC and I can't remember being more excited about a tool to engage with people about the Gospel. Really good job!!!!"

One of the Campus Directors at my Chicago meeting had participated in the Soularium field test. His students are so excited about it that they will make Soularium one of the "bread & butter" evangelism tools in the toolbox as soon as it becomes available for use (which will be very soon, we trust.)

But perhaps the most encouraging feedback comes from my son. Last Wednesday, he joined the SV director as they used Soularium to engage three fellow HS students in spiritual conversation. As they "explored" their life and spiritual perspective it led into a gospel conversation. The result -- all three prayed to receive Christ as their Savior! Thank you, Lord!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.