Friday, November 16, 2007
This provides a summary article of the CoJourner paradigm, along with explanations of the various CoJourner resources now available.
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Common negative perceptions of present-day Christianity include:
judgmental (87%), hypocritical (85%), old-fashioned (78%), and too involved in politics (75%)
Those are high numbers for low opinions.
What does it mean for a CoJourner - a believer who engages in the spiritual journeys of others to help them on their way to Jesus? We must demonstrate a genuine concern and relational "safety" that distinguishes ourselves from the common perception the average person has of Christian believers today.
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Note: Muslims who have come to Christ indicate:
1. The most important factor is the lifestyle of Christians (i.e. moral consistency; love among them; etc.)
2. The power of God in answered prayers and healing (including deliverance from demonic powers.)
3. Dissatisfaction with the type of Islam they had experienced.
4. Influence of dreams and visions.
5. The attractiveness of the gospel message and the spiritual truth in the Bible.
6. Bible's teaching on the love of God (particularly the love expressed through the life and teachings of Jesus.)
Interesting list to reflect upon.