Though I am just in the process of becoming familiar with the book, I like what I see already. First, it starts with the audience. Perfect for the CoJourner paradigm (think, Explorer) and much preferable for our audience, as well!
Second, they emphasis the "path" to faith. How much more CoJourner-esque can you get. "Everyone is on a spiritual journey".
But the really valuable contribution is "the five thresholds" that mark similar "seasons of growth" or stages on the path to Jesus. Here is the essence:
- The move from distrust to trust.
- The move from complacent to curious.
- The move from being closed to change to being open to change.
- The move from meandering to seeking.
- The move across the threshold of the kingdom itself.
Note the progression. Understanding the path helps create true empathy and understanding.
Can you see your own path to Christ through these "thresholds"?
I identify with 2-5.