Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Then & Now -The Measure of a Ministry

Time tests the fruit of our efforts. True success in ministry is measured less by what is happening today, and more in what is happening five, ten, even twenty years from now because of what we do today.

I was reminded of that on Friday when I received an e-mail from Jeff. He wrote:

Last night I spoke at the UNL CCC weekly meeting. That was a joy as well to share a bit of the journey. Their launching some evangelistic efforts and I spoke from Romans 10 encouraging them to just take the next step. I told them about the FIRST time I shared my faith—when you took with you on an appt to the Sig Ep house and I was absolutely scared to death! Then I shared how that first step has led to so many others including all that God is letting me be a part of in India today. Thanks for challenging ME to step out way back then! I so appreciate you friend.

Jeff is a pastor for administration and outreach in largest church in his city. But what is more exciting (to me) is that he has been the catalyst for an amazing church planting movement in India. Take a glance at their website and then think back to the significance of the of our time together, taking the first steps of outreach in a fraternity house:

http://www.300in3.org/

Makes you want to keep investing in the lives of young Christ-followers, doesn't it?

No comments: