Monday, January 8, 2007

National View: Evangelistic Momentum?

Okay, I can’t help it. I could wait and investigate more. But I am so encouraged—no, excited, I’ll at least whet the appetite.

Four years ago we launched an effort to create “evangelistic momentum” on the college campuses. That initiative involved five areas of intentional focus:
  • Aligning and providing resources for leaders
  • Creating a learning culture focused on evangelism today
  • Innovation and resource development
  • Solving systemic problems
  • Leading national evangelism initiatives

Like an avalanche, we knew it must begin with slow, even imperceptible motion, but movement in the right direction. I said we should begin to see tangible results in the second or third year (that was last year.) While we had seen progress in setting the stage and on certain fronts, there still wasn’t tangible evidence of trueevangelistic momentum. That is, until today.

We have work to do to get to the hard facts, but if what I saw today could be the early evidence that momentum is building.

Stay tuned. More to come.

No comments: